Welcome to the last post of this series! I hope you were able to gain some insight into a very deep and often misunderstood matter. I’m sure some of you must be thinking how this topic correlates with our company, here’s how:
- If there’s one thing you should know about me its that this is my passion, and just like most people with a passion its what continues to motivate me to tread on this path of uncertainty. When I first set out to start this company, my 19-year-old self knew I wanted cater to a bigger purpose. The need for Muslim American companies was apparent, but the need for a source of inspiration which went beyond the means of this world was even more necessary.
- Most people believe social efforts and a retail business can’t coincide, but they’re wrong. It’s hard yes, but you will be met with difficulty with anything worth doing in this world. After all, isn’t that what it means to be a Muslim owned entity? I want this company to not only be a source of good for myself, but a source of good for my society as a whole.
- We all know mainstream retailers are notorious for unethical practices, and we can claim we weren’t aware but honestly ask yourself, have you never wondered how you were able to purchase that $10 shirt or those $12 jeans? I mean, these companies must be cutting costs from somewhere right? And I can tell you right now there’s no way around international shipping costs or Customs and Border fees. As Muslims we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard, whether we’re the consumer or the provider.
- The purpose behind our Purchase with a Purpose policy as well as the various projects we participate in is to try to instill a sense of responsibility amongst our customers. A portion of every purchase goes towards sponsoring refugee orphans in an effort to act as a reminder that while its okay to spend on ourselves we shouldn’t forget those in need in the process. As for the various projects we initiate, our aim is to encourage social and civic engagement as we firmly believe that the actions we partake in today will undoubtedly impact our tomorrow.
- We’re quick to complain about all the problems in the world but we never hold ourselves accountable for our own actions. If you have to think about the last time you did something good for the world, its been too long. As Helping Hand encourages, be the change you wish to see. It doesn’t matter if no one else is doing it, it doesn’t matter if you can only reach one person, it doesn’t even matter if you try and fail- the purpose is to just do your best and if you keep your intentions pure Allah SWT will always facilitate a way.
I sincerely pray that everyone who has read these posts has benefitted in some shape or form, and I pray that Allah SWT gives all of us the courage, the wisdom, and the ability to create the long term sustainable change we so desperately need. Ameen.
Founder of Veiled Beaut